1. Turn on fan oven to 180˚
2. Peel and chop the butternut squash into similar size pieces and place onto baking tray. Drizzle with a small amount of olive oile, salt, pepper and option of smoked paprika / turmeric. Roast for 25 minutes or thereabouts. Turn regularly.
3. Put the red pepper into the oven whole and roast for 10 minutes or thereabouts. When cooked, deseed and slice into strips.
4. Drain and rinse the beans well under cold water.
5. Place pumpkin seeds on hot pan without any oil. Lightly toast them by turning regularly. Do not leave unattended as they burn very quick! Place in bowl and set aside.
6. Half the onion and chop into thin slices. In a small dish, marinade the onion with some extra virgin olive oil and/or balsamic vinegar. Leave for at least 10 minutes.
7. Slice halloumi into even pieces and fry on a medium on both sides until golden brown.
8. Peel, destone and chop the avocado.
9. Combine all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Mix well and serve with below dressing. Enjoy!
share this post
Honey & Mustard Dressing
1. In empty glass jar add olive oil and lemon juice (they will separate so you can see when you’ve reached about ½ and ½ of each).
2. Add honey, whole grain mustard and a crush of salt and pepper. Close lid and shake. Tweak to suit personal taste.