Blueberry Almond Bread
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 45 minutes plus cooling
Makes: 1x 900g/ 2lbs loaf – 10 slices
Grain-free and wonderfully moist, this low- FODMAP fruity bread is rich in fibre to support bowel
health and stabilize blood sugar levels. The addition of nut butter gives it a further protein boost
and creamy texture.
1. Heat the oven to 180˚C. Grease 2lb loaf pan and line it with baking parchment.
2. Put the bananas into a food processor and add the eggs, coconut oil & nut butter.
Blend together. Alternatively, blend the ingredients in a blender and tip into a large
3. Add the coconut flour, bicarbonate of soda / baking powder, vanilla & cinnamon to the food processor or bowl. Blend or mix using electric hand whisk / beater, then stir
in the blueberries.
4. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden and
cooked through (stick a skewer into the middle and when it comes out clean, it’s
5. Leave to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool. Slice to
serve. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days
or slice and freeze for up to 1 month.